Friday, February 19, 2016

The bush walk

On Monday we went for a bush walk for our language experience. Here is some amazing writing about it. Notice the language features like similes and personification. Also notice how the writer's express their feelings in their recount.

I was soon inside the bush. There was some birds singing and buzzing bees. It was like a band. It was quiet and dark in the bush.
I heard calling and crunching footsteps. I smelled minty, fresh air and minty leaves and native trees. 
Next, I saw a beautiful, hovering fantail. It's tail was like a fan. It was fluttering fast like an umbrella. The also saw silver fern fronds. I felt some scratchy tea tree branches and some shiny, smooth flax. It made me feel so comfortable. The gentle breeze surrounded me like a blanket.
The birds and bees were calling, the crunching of footsteps, the cicadas were singing, and all together it was like a symphony! OMG, it made me feel joyful and they were so beautiful! 
BUT! Mrs Millett said, "Okay everybody- it's time to go back to class!"
By Hannah C


As soon as we walked into the bush I heard a symphony of cicadas. I felt a fresh breeze against my face. The leaves were dancing like a thousand fairies. The tuis were singing. It like a big concert. I smelt the minty freshness all around me.
 I saw a slippery wet bridge ahead of me."Eeek!" the old bridge yelled at me. 
The moss on the trees was dry and crumbly like an old apple skin. I felt calm and relaxed like a sleeping cheetah. 
By Libby I

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Feel free to comment on the awesome work we've been doing.