Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A blinding experience

Read about this week's language experience. See if you can spot our deliberate attempts to add language features, strong verbs and adjectives and feelings.

The blind walk: By Logan S

I felt terrified as I closed my eyes for my exciting journey. I was not sure if could trust the commands from my leader. As I heard the commands the playful Connor, I was so confused. 
He ordered me to climb up the familiar tower. I thought in my head, "This is what it must feel to be blind!"


Being blind: By Ava P

Clap! The teacher clapped her hands and said, "We're gong outside to the playground!" The aim was to guide your partner while they closed their eyes. 
I closed my eyes. I was a little bit nervous if I was going to bang into something. Then my class came out and they made a lot of noise! It was my partners turn. I shivered because I didn't know what to do. Then I remembered what I had to do. My partner climbed up the rope wall and down again. 
When I was walking blindly I saw yellow stars popping up in my head. I saw a glimmer of light. I felt the ground shaking as if a tornado was coming at me!! I heard elephants stomping. It was a little bit annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Feel free to comment on the awesome work we've been doing.