I was so excited because we were going to eat pikelets. The sizzling melting butter sounded like a rattle snake's tail shaking. I could see bubbles popping like popcorn. The burning hot pan was like a burning hot meteor. The pikelets tasted like honey toast. The pikelets felt like a trampoline. The butter was runny like a waterfall. The bubbles were bumpy like camel humps. It was really tasty and delicious to eat. There was a tiny, tiny pikelet that was the size of a mouse.
Pikelets by Jayanna
"Yay, another language experience!" I could smell all the yummy ingredients. These were baking powder, flour, milk and vanilla. I could hear people saying excitedly, "I want a turn, I want a turn!"
As I was watching the pikelets being made, I was reminded of rain splattering on the wet pavement. The ingredients bubbled like a steaming hot mud pit, it was so delicious in my mouth. It tasted so sweet it reminded me of a cupcake.
The huge pikelet! by Jake
I felt really excited when it was time for me to make my own pikelet. When I picked up the spoon I poured the creamy mixture, it was huge! "Woah!" the boys said. The pikelet was the size of a golden pancake. Two minutes later I was going to flip the pikelet. I flipped it and it landed on its side, argghhh! My masterpiece is ruined.

i like your baking they look yummy and your leaning from john wang
ReplyDeleteroom 18
TO the FTZ
ReplyDeleteYummy Pikelets! I hope i can make one too!
Fröm room 18
TO FTZ
ReplyDeleteyum yum i bet you had lots of fun
i wish i was you guys.
fromRM18\Angelina
I hope you make pikelets in Life Skills as well as Griffin loves pikelets. At our house we make them with grated courgette and they're delicious! I can almost smell them in your photos.
ReplyDelete