Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Do the Hokey Pokey!

In the fast track zone this week we made "Hokey Pokey". Here are three pieces of writing about the experience.


Hokey Pokey- By Ryan
Yesterday, the Fast Track Zone group and me did cooking. We made hokey pokey. It looked like golden slime. I got to put the sugar in. It took 10 tablespoons! The hokey pokey tasted sugary sweet. It felt sticky and smelt like honey. Aaaahhhh! It looked like lava. It tasted like a lollipop.


Hokey Pokey- By Blake
It floated up. "Super yummy!" I said to myself. It crackled in my mouth. There was cooking paper on the bottom of the scrumptious delicious hokey pokey. It was firm when I bit it. It smelt like delicious cookies. Sweet, sweet gold! It was the best baking at school. It was fabulous baking! I felt lucky.

Hokey Pokey- By William Q
I was really excited because I was thinking, "Is it yummy or not when I eat the hokey pokey? Is it yummier that a lollipop or ice cream with oreos?"
It's better than everything! At first it looked like golden lava! There was ten tablespoons of sugar in the hokey pokey. It's not good for your teeth, but it's yummier than everything!


We had fun making hokey pokey. If you would like to make it at home here's the recipe:

3 comments:

  1. Blake loved making Hokey Pokey, but there was none left to come home!...We will make some over Easter for the family

    Darren Bentley (Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To fast track zone
    It looks like you guys had lots of fun and the writing is so interesting and the baking it sounds so fun I wish I was there
    From Hannah.L Rm 18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome writing fast track zone,reading it made my mouth water.
    From chelsea in Rm 13

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to comment on the awesome work we've been doing.